Friday, October 30, 2009

Ava's Halloween Party @ School

Today was Ava's school Halloween party. The kids were allowed to wear their costumes to school as they were going around trick-or-treating to the different classrooms. Ava was a little upset that I put her in the costume to go to school until she saw all of her other classmates dressed up! Then she was even less thrilled that I wanted to take pictures in the morning!


Who knew Crayons ate...LOL


Now she is a coloring book....LOL I know bad humor!

All the kids were so cute. Here is a picture that they took of them, and one they took of Ava before trick-or-treating!



All of the goodies the kids eat have to be store bought so we signed up for cookies. I really wanted to make something so I decided to make cupcakes for her teachers and the staff. They were devil's food with buttercream icing, sprinkles and a pumpkin on top. I also made the kids "boo cups" as treats for their buckets. Seems like a lot of other mothers thought about it too. She came home with so much stuff in her bucket from her classmates.



When she got home she was anxious to unload her bucket and see what all she got. This is her first Halloween where she understands what is going on. Last year she dressed up but didn't go out. Here she is once we got home with her bucket....





Later tonight we are going to attempt to carve a pumpkin. Oh and after Ava goes to bed I am baking and decorating Halloween cookies...stay tuned for those!

No comments: