
Then on Friday, I came home from a long day at work to find flowers from Mike and Ava. Oh and a card came in the mail from my Mom!!

Saturday we just hung around the house and did yard work, well Mike did, and we played. It was nice and relaxing. We were suppose to have a garage sale, but I am glad that we didn't!
On Sunday I got up and went shopping for a few hours. Mike and Ava stayed at home. I got some clothes for an upcoming trip and a new phone!! :) Then I went home to see Ava, and Mike headed out to run some errands and see his Mom. Ava and I ate lunch and visited with my cousin Lindsey and her kids for a little bit. After Mike came back we went to the neighborhood park to play. Oh and I got to take a few pictures of them with my new phone!!


On our way back home I realized our Magnolia was getting a bloom! The first one ever. So I had to document it. Isn't it pretty?

Then the evening started taking a turn. As you may have noticed from the recap, Ava never took a nap yesterday! So when we got back from the park she was really tired, but not going to go to sleep. That being said, we had a few mishaps yesterday afternoon/evening. First, she came downstairs from coloring...and we saw this:

Then I went upstairs and found marker on the wall and colored hand prints on the stairwell, she has to hold on when she comes down. Then at dinner she was being silly, delirious from lack of sleep, and didn't want to eat her last green bean to get down. So she proceeded to tell me this:
Me: Ava eat your last bite of green bean and you can get down
Ava: Mommy I have to pee
Me: Well eat your last bite and you can get down. (she normally uses potty as an excuse to get down. when you let her down she runs off!)
Ava: Mommy I peed
Me to Mike: When you gave her a bath did you put her nighttime pull-up on her?
Mike: No she is in panties
Me: Crap
Ava: Mommy I peed
Me: Mike can you bathe her again she has pee all over her
Mike: Why is she walking like that
Me: Do you see the pee soaked pants legs?
Mike: Come on Ava lets go take another bath
As I proceeded to remove urine from Ava's chair Mike took her upstairs to rewash her lower quadrant! After she is done I hear her crying...followed by a long pause (holding her breath) and then more crying. I ran upstairs to find that she was being crazy and would not put on her pull-up. She was trying to run away from Mike and she tripped on the carpet, fell down, and caught the corner of her eye on the wooden step stool she uses to get into her bed! OH NO. She was getting a goose egg and it was a nice shade of blue. So I took her downstairs to get an ice pack. She started falling asleep, and after I gave her the concussion free check, I let her fall asleep and I held her for over and hour with an ice pack on her temple.

This is what it looked like this morning!

I guess a Mother's work is never done, even if it is Mother's Day! I wouldn't trade it for the world!! :) Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment