Tuesday, July 13, 2010

She's a singer...

Ava loves to sing. Lately she has started singing songs on the radio or that she hears on one of her TV programs. She normally picks up the chorus first or just part of a verse.

There is a song on a Yo Gabba Gabba episode that Solange Knowles sings. It's called Mamma Loves Baby. Everytime it's on Ava asks me to dance with her, and since it is on DVR we rewind and listen, and dance, to the song about 5 times before she will finish the episode.

Saturday Ava started singing more of the song than she normally does. She usually only chimes in when I am singing it. This is what I hear:

"Mamma loves baby....garble language from planet Ava"

I ask her to sing it again with the same result. I can't understand the second half of what she is saying. So she tries again, same result. So I sing her the verse in an attempt to get her to talk louder. For those that do not know the song this is the beginning of the first verse: "Mamma loves baby, baby loves you."

She finally speaks up and sings it again. I break into a fit of hysterics. Mike has no idea what is going on. He was looking for the looney bin on speed dial. Then I told him, "Did you hear what she just said?" Mike, "No." Ava sings it again and this is what she says,

"Mamma loves baby, pickin up shoes." ROFLMAO

Mike then decides that Ava sings that because I am a neat freak. Then I told Ava that Mamma does love it when she picks up her shoes. I haven't corrected her, I like her remix better.

Here is the entire song on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzLxK6B4He4

No comments: