Halloween 2007: Year 1

She didn't do much of anything that night. She was about a month and a half old. She slept and was annoyed at trick-or-treaters ringing the bell!
Halloween 2008: Year 2
She dressed up as a witch that year, but didn't want to trick-or-treat. She was starting to walk well on her own. Her only stop was at Grandma and Grandpa's house after school for a treat...she got a cookie in her basket!
Halloween 2009: Year 3

I made her costume, and she really liked it even though you can't tell from this picture! She finally went out trick-or-treating this year. She didn't really understand what to do. She made me say "trick-or-treat" and she would put the candy in her bucket. She wouldn't even smile or wave, nothing! Then when we reached the next house I would say, "trick-or-treat" and she would reach in her bucket, pulling out the candy from the last house, and attempt to give it to the person at the door! This year Halloween was about sharing to Ava. She would share her candy with everyone, until she got home and poured it all out! :)
Halloween 2010: Year 4
I made her costume again this year. She wanted to be a cat and a bunny, but she finally let me have my way and was a box of popcorn. She told me that I had to dress as Scooby Doo, I declined. She walked on her own door to door and said, "trick-or-treat." I even got her to say thank you. She made the 3 street walk, and only wanted to be held once! This year she ended up with two buckets of candy, and she wasn't willing to share with those handing it out...she shared with us when she came home!
No telling what next year holds. I expect that she will get to be what she wants, she will be 4 after all. I love seeing how she grows and develops. Although Halloween is not a normal trend to follow, I thought it was funny to see how she has grown her trick-or-treating skills over the last few years.
No comments:
Post a Comment