Friday, September 25, 2009

Missing you...

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my Magra's passing from cancer. She went into the hospital on the same day that Ava was born and passed when she was 3 weeks old. I regret that she was never able to meet her 2nd great grandchild face to face but she told my Aunt that she would watch her grow up...and I believe it. I miss her dearly everyday. I wish that she could still be here with us but I know that she is where she wants to be. She is continuing her life with my Grandfather who was passed when I was just in the first grade. She was an amazing woman who could put anyone's work week to shame. She was a mother, friend, nurse, counselor and an all around amazing person. Love you Magra! Miss you tons.


Aunt Nancy, Magra and I at my shower in July 07


Also, Monday marks the 3 year anniversary of my Papaw's unexpected passing. That day will stick with me forever and always. None of us expected that heart attack to take his life. He was such a splendid man...with his hugs and his nicknames...we were his "varmits." The best Italian man you will ever meet...and he was always willing to feed you. He would cook his secret spaghetti for hours just to have us all gather around the table and chow down. He was a very special man in my life who I wish was still here. Love you Papaw! Miss you tons.


I was the first in the family to graduate from a university. When he saw me after the ceremony he told me that "I did it in style."

No comments: