Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Coincidence?

This morning something strange, yet oddly refreshing happened to me. When I got up my throat had a lot of drainage in it. I realized that I needed to go and find some Mucinex to help clear my throat. While I was in the shower I tried to recall if we even had a bottle of this medicine as I had not taken any in at least 6mths. Mentally I narrowed in on a cabinet/shelf where I thought it may be. After I was done getting ready I went out to search for the bottle. The initial look-over turned up nothing so I was about to pull out this little container and I looked down and right in front of me was the Mucinex.

Ok so you are thinking, that is oddly refreshing? I have to get me some of that Mucinex....LOL Ok so let me explain why I found this so odd. First of all where that bottle was located is an area where I store stuff for Ava and nothing like that for us. Mike keeps all of his medications in his travel bag and when he is home he gets what he needs out of there. So strange coincidence that when I needed this one bottle of pills, that I have not used in many months, I open the cabinet to find them right in front of my face. As if somebody heard me and said, "oh I will get those for her." I looked in that cabinet just yesterday, and maybe because I was not directly looking for that bottle, I did not see it.

It could be that the 2 year anniversary of my Magra's passing is this Friday and the 3 year anniversary of my Papaw's passing is next week, but hey odd coincidence or stroke of faith...either way I will take it. When I noticed the bottle I took a double take and immediately smiled. I pointed my finger to the ceiling, grinning and said, "thanks." Then after I got my pills and put the bottle back I held onto it for a minute...just to have that moment.

It was strange and refreshing all at the same time. So even if Mike put it there by accident I hope that when I tell him this story he does not say that he did it. Because if only for a moment I thought I was getting a lending hand from my Magra and my Papaw, I will take it.

No comments: