Slowly but surely I have been working to get Ava off of her pacifier. Most recently she was only using it at night right before bed. After weeks of telling myself that I needed to break her from it I finally did it Thursday night. So tonight marks night 3 that she has been without it. She asks for it a couple of times and each time I just tell her that she is Mommy's big girl. She knows what that means because that is what I would tell her when it was time for her to give it to me in the morning.
So far she has fussed a little about it, but overall she has done suprisingly well. One thing has changed though at bed time...she wants to sit and talk with me for a few minutes before I leave the room. We either recap the day or talk about what we are doing tomorrow. She asks me a couple of questions and then she finally lays down so I can tuck her in. It is so cute and so amazing that she is old enough now to carry on somewhat of a conversation with me. With the pacifier on its way out the only thing left before she is the ultimate big girl is potty training! I think we will start that mid-November or December. Need to give her enough time to adjust to this change...
(sigh) My little baby is growing up...
No comments:
Post a Comment