Thursday, November 12, 2009

Addicted to Gel...

So my child is an addict, to Be Kool gel patches. They are these little gel patches that last for 8 hours (until gel wears off) that you put on your skin. They are intended to help you cool off from a fever without medication. We started using these when she would get teething fevers and she always liked wearing them on her back. Well now she likes to pretend she has a "Mickta Boo Boo" so she can wear one. This time she wears them on her forehead.

On the way home last night I realized that we were out of them. Since this was becoming a daily accessory I knew that I had to get more so I took Ava to Walgreens to pick some up. So let me set the scene...we walk into the store, Ava on my hip and wearing one of these patches on her forehead. People start looking at us when we walk in. For goodness sakes people swine flu is going around so when my kid has a medical looking thing attached to her head people are going to stare. We ran into a worker there and she was giving Ava the eye. I then said to her, "This is a fever patch, but she does not have a fever. This is her new accessory." The lady laughed. Then Ava saw Mickey Mouse Christmas stuff all over the store and began pointing and shouting, "Mickta Mommy, Mickta." (that is her name for Mickey). So clearly if you hadn't looked at us when we walked in, you were staring at us now!

So to make a long story short we found more of the patches, bought 4 boxes, and on the way to the register she ran into several other Mickta Christmas things she wanted...She proceeded to the register and put the patches on the counter herself and carried the bag to the car.

When we got home I decided that this was a good tale to tell her when she was about 16, and to prove it I was going to need pictures. As I was taking the pictures she made the story even better. In the video you will see Ava (in her patch) and the Mickey yard sign we bought...when you push play you will hear her serenading it!! LOL
Kids are so fun...enjoy!


No comments: