Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

This year was an experience for me...I had to fully cook a turkey this year. Normally I buy one that just needs to be heated up. I found such a good sale at HEB that I figured it was time to give it a shot. I woke up at 4am to start it and did not go to bed until around 1am the night before. Between the turkey there were about 10 side dishes I prepared along with several desserts...6 to be exact. I made two of them, Debbie made two pies and I bought two other pies.
We had a small crowd this year but we were happy to have my Dad and little sister Anna join us. Here is a picture of the dinner table before we ate.


Oh and Ava made a turkey at school. It is so cute. She is the turkey. She did not look to happy in the picture, but they taped that "gobble" on her nose!


The day after Thanksgiving we decorated the inside of the house. It was a lot of fun because everyone was working together and Christmas carols were on the radio. So we danced and sang while we were putting everything up.




No comments: