Friday, February 12, 2010

My balloon!!!

On Tuesday I took Ava to Lubys for dinner. She loves going there for three reasons:
- Macaroni and Cheese
- White Rolls
- FREE BALLOON!

Even when we get food to go, which we did Tuesday, I go and get her a balloon. This week we got a green one and she was thrilled. I tied a loop and put it around her wrist so she would not lose it. She did great going to the car and riding home with it. Then when she got out of the car she was upset that I put it back on her wrist instead of just letting her hold it. She started playing in the driveway and was determined to show me that she didn't need to have it on her wrist. Sure enough...bye bye goes the balloon.

I am unloading stuff from the car and I hear her say, "Momma, my balloon!" When I walked out in the driveway it was already above the neighbor's house! Then Ava says, "Go get it Momma." I was impressed that she thought I was that talented!! :) I then told her that I was not tall enough to get it. She stood out there watching it until she could barely see it. She started asking me again about getting it and asking me what happened to it. I told her that she let it go and now the birds get to play with it. Later that night we were talking to Mike and I wanted her to tell him what happened to her balloon. She tells him parts of the story and I told her to tell him about the birds. She said, "Birds get to eat my balloon!" LOL He said, "what?" I then explained what happened and we got kick out of it.

She was still asking about it the next morning. I think Mike and I are going to get her a balloon for Valentine's Day. Maybe she won't let this one off of her wrist!

No comments: