Saturday, March 27, 2010

A funny story about lotion...

I was getting ready today and I opened a bathroom cabinet to look for something. I saw this bottle of Men's Vaseline lotion and I remembered why it is now hidden under the bathroom sink...

A few months ago I came home from the store. Mike had just showered, and he always puts lotion on after a shower. I, however, didn't know that he started using a new lotion...a men specific scented one. Here is how it played out.

ADRIAN (thinking): What is that smell? OMG did he buy a hamster?
(we had a hamster once, that I ended up taking care of and I was the one who sat in front of the little tube cage thing and cried like I was 5 when it was dying. After that ordeal I said, "no more hamsters." He always tells me he wants another one.)

I proceed to frantically walk all over the house looking for a tube structure with a new little rodent and pine shavings in it. All the while Mike has no clue why I am all of the sudden behaving like a drug dog at an airport. He finally catches on to my odd behavior.

MIKE: What are you doing?
ADRIAN: Looking for something.
MIKE: What are you looking for?
ADRIAN: Did you buy a hamster while I was gone?
MIKE: No.
ADRIAN: Yes you did. I can smell the pine shavings. Where are you hiding the cage? I can smell it. I told you I didn't want another hamster.
MIKE: What are you talking about? I have been here all day. I think you have lost your mind.
ADRIAN: You don't smell pine shavings?
MIKE: No.
ADRIAN: Seriously this house smells like pine shavings you put in a hamster cage.
(I have now called off my rodent search and came downstairs...walking over to Mike)
MIKE: I don't smell anything.
ADRIAN: (sniffing Mike) Umm it is you. What in the heck did you wash yourself with? You smell like a hamster cage.
MIKE: The same stuff I always do, but I bought a new lotion.
ADRIAN: Where is it? (Mike brings it to me and I sniff it) Well you need to take that back to the store for a refund because it smells like pine shavings.

We then proceeded to laugh ourselves to tears. Then I went and put the groceries away. The next day, after Mike had packed his bags for his business trip, I walked into the bathroom to find the lotion bottle on the counter. He left it. :) I immediately put it in a cabinet that he never opens. He hasn't ever asked for it again. Thank goodness. So today when I opened this cabinet, there was that piney lotion bottle. I laughed and closed the cabinet....didn't want him to see it! :)

No comments: