After we let her down from the table she wanted to sit with Mike. It was not too long after she got in his lap she got sick in his lap! We thought it was a fluke but she did it two more times, all in Mike's lap. We gave her a bath and sent her to bed. Thinking she just ate something bad...
Saturday morning she still seemed off but she did eat a little. She was resting on the couch and I was cleaning out a closet. She came in to see me and started telling me her cheek hurt. I had her open her mouth to examine it and then she made a noise...I pulled her out of my face just in time! Whew. I was covered from shoulder to thigh. Then she got some on her shirt and this is what she did to me:
Ava: Mommy my cheek hurts
Mom: What's wrong baby let me look in your mouth
Ava: Gulp
Mom: (oh no something is going to happen) AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH holy crap
Ava: Mommy?
Mom: You are ok Ava, are you done?
Ava: (nodding yes)
Mom: (examing my clothes and wishing I was in a shower)
Ava: Mommy my shirt is dirty
Mom; Your shirt is dirty? Lets get you in the tub, but first a stop in the laundry room
I then decided that I should take her to the local ER clinic to have her checked. She was diagnosed with a viral infection. Would I be lying if I said that I COVERED my backseat with large towels? No. There were 5 of them to be exact. Some were beach size. When we got home we though we were on the road to recovery...not so fast. As with any viral infection all systems are a go for malfunction. (if you catch my drift) She is now on a diet of jello, gatorade, crackers, and pedialyte pops until this passes.
I will give her credit, during her infection she has been very well mannered. She has told me thank you and that she loves me about 100 times over the last three days. She also wants to kiss me. I told her that I can't right now so she decided that she should kiss my knee instead!
Here is a picture of her and Papa at the ER while we were waiting for the doc to release us.
No comments:
Post a Comment