Thursday, April 7, 2011

You got sticks?

A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to decorate for Easter. I gathered the yard decor from the attic and proceeded outside to put it out. Ava saw me working on round one of the design and even helped a little bit.

That night when I brought her in for dinner, Mike stayed outside to prune one of the trees in the yard. It had several dead branches on it and they were taking away from the healthy ones. With his saw in hand he began hacking away at this tree. When I say hacking I mean it. He took away at least 2 feet from the top of this tree. By the time he finished it was dark so we both agreed to clean up the mess in the morning.

The next morning I had gone to Garden Ridge to get a few final decorations. I came back and put them out. The yard still hadn't been cleaned, but we were about to start. I asked Ava if she wanted to come out and see the new decorations I put out and she excitedly replied, "yes!" She raced out the garage door to gaze upon our newly finished Easter decoration masterpiece and she saw this:


Her eyes scanned the yard and she looked at me and said, "Umm you bought some sticks?" I busted out laughing as she stood there confused and trying to figure out what sticks in the yard had to do with eggs and bunnies! She later told me that she liked what I had done, but it was only after we finally cleaned up all of the "sticks."

No comments: