Monday, August 11, 2008

The countdown is on!!!

It is fast approaching...Ava's first birthday! I am excited for her to reach this awesome milestone but sad at the same time! My little girl went from this little 6+ pound baby to this walking, somewhat talking, teeth having child! It is great to watch her grow up. Here is one of my favorite pictures from Ava's 11 month album.





We started her playroom last weekend, and we have made great progress. I will post some pictures soon. Mike and I have never done anything like this before but I must say we are not too bad at it! The room is so sweet and I know that Ava will have lots of fun in it. I have realized that as a parent the first thing you want to do for your child is give them something that you did not have. Mike and I both stared at each other in amazement after we completed the chalkboard last night and we remarked, "Man I did not have anything like this when I was a kid."


So goal number one....give your child something you did not have...ACCOMPLISHED!

1 comment:

Cliff and Missy said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe it's almost her first birthday :) Hope you guys are doing well!

Missy (Melissa)