Friday, May 29, 2009

Ava got caught red-handed...

Today as I was picking up Ava from school one of the teachers stopped me. She said that she wanted to tell me what she caught Ava doing today. I thought to myself, "what could my almost 21mth old kid have done?" She proceeded to tell me that Ava was holding hands with a boy, Lee, in her class today. They were walking around the classroom just holding hands! Miss Marlen also told me that she told Lee's Mom about it and that Lee looked away, as if he was embarrassed, when she was telling his Mom. Really cute, but I knew that Dada was not going to think so...
When he got home I decided to break the news. When he greeted her he said that she looked like she had gotten bigger and I said, "yeah she is all kinds of grown up now." When I told him his faced turned sad and a bit shocked. He immediately turned to her and said, "baby Ava why are you holding hands with boys? You are not suppose to do that until you are 14." Then I had to go upstairs and get their latest class picture so I could show Dada the dude who was making moves on his baby girl! LOL
Then I guess Mike felt he needed to tell Ava about loving people or something...I walked in on him putting his wedding ring on her big toe. It was too big of course so he was telling her how to take it off. Then he asked her to put it on his finger...when she did he told her this, "this ring means that Dada and Momma are married. It also means that Dada loves Momma very much." SNIFF! So cute!
They start splash pad at school in a couple of weeks and I have to take her bathing suite. After this incident today I told Mike that I am not taking her two-piece! He said she is not swimming at all if that boy is there....

No comments: