Friday, June 5, 2009
Breaking the law...
So Mike came in a day early last night from work. That is normally a great suprise but he always gets here before I go to bed, and set the house alarm. Yesterday when we talked he was still in his hotel room and did not seem to be coming home until today, but I guess he changed his mind. Ava and I were both in bed and at about 12:30 last night I wake up (nearly wetting my bed) by Mike shaking my foot. He proceeded to tell me that he had set off the alarm (which I slept through) and Brinks was on the phone for the "password" and he did not know it. I gave him the word and went back to sleep. So then they did not believe him and they called my cell phone. I proceeded to tell them the same "password" and explain that he just came home late and tripped the alarm. Apparently they did not believe us because they even called my Mother-in-Law (who did not answer) before sending the police over. In the meantime I went back to bed and did not know the police were coming. When they arrived Mike had a flashlight shined in his face as the officer, who was younger than him, had his hand on his gun to ask for ID. Mike showed it to him and he left! What a night...then this morning I remembered one important detail...the "password" that I gave him and told them myself was the one for our old alarm! LOL No wonder thye sent reinforcements!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
on my gosh!! what a story!
Post a Comment