Friday, July 31, 2009

Just Monkeying Around...

So Ava's birthday is a little over a month away now. As many of you know I am a BIG PLANNER so I have been working on it for a while. We are going with a monkey theme...along the way I have picked up decorations, her outfit, and even designed her invites.

Theme:


Invite I designed (didn't post back it has the address etc):

The one thing that has kept me on my toes was what the cupcakes would look like. I think those are so much easier to hand out instead of a big cake that you have to cut. I finally found a design that I liked but couldn't find anyone to do it. So now I have taken matters into my own hands to see what I can do, and of course I have probably signed up for WAY TO MUCH, but it is all for Ava so I will try my best. Since I have finally found something that looks reasonable, and not something I would have to hire Martha Stewart's people for, I have decided this weekend is going to be my test run. I am working on two things:

Monkey Pops: They are rice krispy treat monkey faces with peanut butter faces. After they are set I want to arrange them into these foam blocks, sort of like cookie bouquets. First lesson: put the sticks in before you draw the faces! :)Thursday night was my test drive of making the pops and covering the blocks...here is the result:




Late Saturday or Sunday I am going to try to cupcakes...so stay tuned! :) Hope they don't make me go bananas! LOL come on you know that was funny...

No comments: