Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh transitions....

As I was dropping Ava off at school today the lady at the front desk asked me if it was ok for Ava to start transitioning into the 2yr old class at the end of this month! Since her 2nd birthday is near it is time for her to transition so I agreed. This last class and now this new class really have made her grow up. In her current class she:

- Sat at a chair to eat
- Use utensils and plates etc when she eats
- Takes naps on a mat with a blanket
- Gets to play on the splash pad during the summer

In this new class she will get to do more of the same but now they start working on POTTY TRAINING! I asked if I would need to bring Pull-Ups, and they said that they recommend regular underwear and the plastic pants to cover it! One side of me is stoked to not have to buy diapers in the near future but the other side is like, wait where is my baby going? I am excited for her to learn these new things but Mommy and Daddy are selfish and still want their little newborn back! :(

She recently got a toddler bed and she is working to lose the pacifier. I guess her next milestone after this is prom! Good grief. Sometimes life needs a pause button...or at least a really good DVR! So for all of you with young kids or little ones on the way, they grow up way too fast! It is great to watch them learn and grow, but when you feel like the last time they had a bottle was at least 10 years ago, you start realizing how fast time flies.

P.S. I will post pics of Ava's new bed/room soon. We have a few more finishing touches to add to it...

No comments: