Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fun on Saturday

Today was a great day. We started the morning running errands. Mike took Ava to get a donut and to get his car's oil changed. He said at the car care place she started playing ring-around-the-rosie with him. He would stand in the middle and she held his hand and walked around him...she would even fall down at the end.

While they headed out I paid bills and went to get my eyebrows "divorced." :) Nothing makes you feel better than an eyebrow divorce! When I was on the table the lady asked me, "who did your brows last time?" I answered her and she said, "well they really messed up your eyebrows last time!" NICE. So for the last 2+ weeks I have had reject eyebrows! Well she fixed them and then told me to make sure I get her each time. So in return I thanked her and gave her a good tip!

On my way home I called and asked Mike if he wanted to meet me at the store. Ava recently out grew her favorite pair of NB sneakers so we wanted to see if Imagination Toys and Shoes had any new ones. They sized Ava's feet, she is a 7 now, and brought out at least 10 different pairs of sneakers. I let Ava choose and she picked the exact same ones she just grew out of. What can I say, she knows what she likes.

When we got home I made homemade pizza and then later we all hung out in Ava's playroom eating snacks and watching movies. We watched Toy Story and Monster vs. Aliens.

Some days are so fun and the best part was that we didn't have a single plan today...no schedule to follow or anything! Those are my kind of days. When I live in a week filled with schedules, deadlines, etc, it is nice to just have a day that you roll with. It is also a bonus when you know your eyebrows aren't jacked-up while you are doing it! :)

Hope everyone had a great Saturday.

P.S. I made Pioneer Woman's pot roast for dinner with my own roasted potatoes. Mike liked it. I also made lemon bars yesterday for dessert and he also enjoyed those. He is getting spoiled as I have at least one new dinner or dessert dish every weekend. On tap tomorrow morning...homemade strawberry pancakes! Yum...

No comments: