Last week I saw two receipes on Pioneer Woman's website that I wanted to try:
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Strawberry Shortcake
I normally work at home on Fridays so when I plan these big entrees I can space them out. Do one or prep stuff during lunch and then start cooking right at 5. Well today I went into the office and I did not get home until 5. I decided to try to get some of it started before I got Ava but I realized that I was missing a few ingredients! So needless to say I didn't get started until about 6:30. Spaghetti and meatballs was done around 8:30! Mixing the meatballs, rolling them, cooking them...a bit labor intensive! :) Mike and Ava really liked dinner...I did too, but it is nice to get compliments when you worked so hard.
Before dinner was done I started on dessert. When I saw the cake had to bake for almost an hour and the strawberry prep was another hour, I knew I was in for a long haul. After dinner Ava saw me making the strawberries for the cake. She loves strawberries with sugar on them. I was working on the strawberries and this little hand kept creeping up on the counter and stealing strawberries from the plate. When I put them on the cake I was short, but at least she was eating fruit! Then I let her taste a little piece of the cake. After she swallowed it she said, "I like cake!"
When it was finally done Ava was already asleep and so was Mike. I decided to wake him up and make him test the cake. He was still half asleep, eating cake and complimenting it after every couple of bites!
Here are the pictures of my PW creations:
Next time I will wait until the weekend to do these!
No comments:
Post a Comment