Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy 8yr Wedding Anniversary!

February 16th marks 8 years since Mike and I were married! What an achievement. It has been a wonderful journey that started over 10 years ago, and I couldn't have imagined taking this ride with anyone else. After all these years we still can make each other laugh until we cry, and comfort one another when we need a shoulder to lean on. He is not only my husband, he is my best friend.

Years ago when my Dad told us that we had to move to Tomball the entire family, especially me, thought our lives were over! I never expected to find happiness in this new place much less my future husband just 4 houses down. It is always interesting to tell people that for the first SEVERAL months that we dated we never knew each other's phone numbers! Every night we would either eat dinner together or just sit in the driveway and talk until it was time to go inside. I knew something was intriguing about the guy who played basketball in the street with the other neighbors. I think he knew something too or he wouldn't have kept "hitting" my car with the ball so that my younger sister would run in and tell on him! :) However, I don't think either one of us expected to find our soul mate in the cul-de-sac, but I am so glad I always came outside to check my car for dents.

To honor the day I went looking for some wedding pics to post. I don't have any digital and my album has been misplaced so I decided to post some of my favorite pics from these last few years...





No comments: