- when she gets up in the morning
- in the car on the way to school
- when she is getting her hair dried
- before bed
- and any other time we offer...
Earlier this week I told her if she was good all week Mike and I would take her book shopping. She got really excited. Every night before I tucked her in she would say, "Momma, we go book shoppin tomorrow?" Last night I was finally able to say yes. She didn't forget either. She asked when she got up if it was time to go shopping, we told her after school was out.
As soon as she got home today she came in and shouted, "book shoppin." We put her in the car and I have never seen her so excited about anything. Every 5-7 minutes she would shout "book shoppin." We were in the car for at least 20 minutes.
She had a lot of fun looking for books. She would walk around and say:
"Ohh Momma look"
"Papa books"
"This one is cute"
At one point she saw a stuffed Cookie Monster and screamed, "Cookie Monster." We tried to remind her that she needed to use an inside voice in the store. She neglected to take that advice when she looked at me and said, "Momma, I have to poop." I think the cashier heard her and we were in the back of the store. When I quietly asked her if she needed to go she looked and me and said, "No Momma I am fine." Goodness.
She got several books and on the way home she read, in her own "words", each one of them a couple of times. We also read all of them before bed tonight. When I tucked her in and said goodnight she said, "Momma, we go book shoppin morrow?"
Here is a picture of her at the store. In all of her excitement she forgot to take her shades off!

Notice how she is grabbing them...in sets of two...if we left it to her we might have left with 50 books!
I also got a new cookbook. It is for crockpot cooking:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1401310044?ie=UTF8&tag=totatogejour-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=1401310044
No comments:
Post a Comment