So last night Ava and I shared dinner and a movie. After all that painting we needed to relax. Feeding a two year old is always an adventure, especially this kid. If any food looks odd to her she will not try it. She is picky about what parts of food she eats. For example, she will eat corn but she will only eat what is inside of the kernel. When she is done she will spit out corn "skins" all over her plate. How she accomplishes this I will never know. It's a perplexing ability.
When I was at the store I saw a tiny, and I mean tiny, can of spaghettios. I made sure to get one without meatballs. Tried that before and she freaked when she saw them. I was meatball fishing for ten minutes and had to prove they were gone before she would eat it. Little did I know this can was the PERFECT serving size for her. I think there was only one small spoonful left in the bowl. Not that spaghettios are super nutritious, but I have to take happiness in the fact that she ate almost all of her dinner.
To make dinner even more exciting we had to watch BARNEY! I have a special place in my heart for Barney, right next to poking my eyes out. My little sister use to watch Barney 24x7. This was back in the day before DVRs were invented and my Mom bought the biggest VHS tape and recorded a ton of them off of the TV. Then she drove us to school in our horse and buggy! LOL, Just kidding.
My little sister would watch these one after the other, everyday. It got to the point where I knew all of the words. That might have come in handy if the TV and VCR broke, the family could have re-enacted each episode. How terrible could this experience be? She only has one episode on this DVD so the torture will only last for an hour.
As the show started I was in shock. They have CHANGED Barney, he is still a purple dinosaur, but his voice is different. I had to listen to him for a while and then I realized he sounds like Steve Urkel now. Minus the, "did I do that?" Isn't changing the voice of a well known character, Barney has been around for 20+ years, like breaking a commandment? Could you imagine turning on Seasme Street one day and Big Bird sounds like Mr. T? Oh well, Ava knows no different. She will always know Barney with his Urkel voice. She will never know who Urkel is because that TV show was on when dinosaurs roamed the earth! hehehe *snort* *snort*

Now I know you are dying to hear Barney's new voice. Go ahead, leave the blog, YouTube is waiting...then come back and tell me if you think he has been Urkeled!
No comments:
Post a Comment