1. a peach tree
2. a tomato plant
3. onions
4. strawberries
Ask me how many peaches, tomatoes, onions and strawberries I ate last year? ZERO! They grew, but they never got to the place where you could eat them. With the exception of the peaches. They were too hard for humans to eat, but dogs....there is a winning combination. Elise, our lab, ate a lot of my peaches last year. I only knew because she spit the pits out in the yard! :) Nice dog.
So this year I was bound and determined to plant, grow and eat either a fruit or vegetable. I decided to try strawberries again, but this time taking a different approach. We went the topsy turvey route, and we started with plants instead of seeds.
First let me share my review of the topsy turvey:
- It is cool
- It is heavy when it's loaded with the recommended 15 plants and soil
- It is SO heavy that it will NEVER hang on a wall mounted or a sheppard's hook that you stick in the groud. Trust me I returned two of them.
- It is best on a little table...don't chance ripping your outdoor walls
However, after I got over the frustration of how heavy it was and how it didn't work like the instructions said, I started enjoying it. Now I can start to see the fruits of my labor...they are even turning red! Will I ever get to eat one? We will see. BUT I have grown them and that in itself is an achievement. Hope Elise doesn't like strawberries!
No comments:
Post a Comment