Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ava's Gingie Casa

A few weeks ago I asked Ava if she wanted to make a gingerbread house. I even showed her a kit at the store. Her prompt reply was, "no." This past week at show and tell they had  to bring in gingerbread people. She took cookies to school to share with her friends. On the back of the box was a picture of a gingerbread house. After she made the connection she said, "can I make a gingerbread house?"

I bought her a kit this weekend and let her decorate it this morning. She had so much fun. She was very patient and precise.





She decorated the roof all by herself. I did the front and sides for her because she was tired. She keeps admiring it and showing it to anyone who will look at it! I think next year when I offer the first time she might just say, "yes."

No comments: