Friday, December 10, 2010

A meeting with that special Jolly Dude

Last weekend Debbie wanted to surprise Ava with a trip to see Santa. Ava was so excited to see him. Last year she was happy to see him but didn't want to be near him. This year she sat in his lap and told him what she wanted for Christmas:
  • Dancing Mickey
  • Bullseye from Toy Story
  • Lotso Huggin Bear from Toy Story 3
Santa told her to be a good girl and she would get what she asked for. While she was gone I was taking advantage of the time by wrapping Christmas gifts and putting them under the tree. When Ava arrived home she wanted to tell me all about her adventure. After she was done telling me that she asked Santa for presents the tree caught her eye. When she woke up that morning it was empty underneath, and when she came home there were gifts under it. She looked at me and said, "Yes, I told Santa what I wanted (eyes lock on tree). Momma, it is already here!"

She thought that Santa had sent over all of the gifts after she talked to him! LOL I had to explain that Santa didn't work that way, and that all of those gifts weren't hers. hehe

Later that night I was telling her about leaving milk and cookies for Santa. I told her there was a special plate and that she could help me make the cookies. After a few minutes she looked at me and said, "Momma, Santa doesn't like cookies he likes fish." I said, "really, I didn't know that." She told me that we have to leave him fish sticks and milk. I am going to talk her out of that...nobody deserves fish sticks and milk! Ick.

I am so glad that she is starting to understand some of the "magic and wonder" behind Christmas. I can't wait for Christmas morning. It just so happens, Santa got her the three things on her list! :)

No comments: