Friday, December 10, 2010

There was a party in our city, and we were invited! :)

Tonight was the live Yo Gabba Gabba show at The Hobby Center. I have had these tickets since June, and I couldn't wait for the show. After fighting Houston's glorious traffic on Hwy 45, we got to the show a few minutes after it started. During the show there was a lot of dancing and singing. Then Biz Markie made a surprise appearance. He teaches the kids how to beat box...Ava likes him...Mike does too! :)

During intermission I took Ava downstairs to get a t-shirt. When we were coming back Muno and Foofa were in the lobby right in front of us. Ava gasped when she saw them. The show had already restarted so I too was shocked to see them. She immediately wanted to get back to her seat to tell Papa who she saw.

Here are a few pictures from the party:


Getting ready for "Peek-a-boo, we gonna play peek-a-boo"

Peek-a-boo song: Where's Foofa?

Everyone gave Brobee balloons

Then he flew away and wanted to share balloons with his friends. Then they had a massive balloon drop, and all the kids got balloons!

Ava and Papa with her balloon. I had to run down and catch one!

Ava and Mommy during intermission

Ava in her DJ Lance glasses

Attempting a family photo but Ava was too low!

Leslie teaching us the Peanut Butter Stomp dancey dance. She likes her skin tight jumpsuit...me, not so much!

Biz Markie made a live appearance to help us all learn Biz's Beat of the Day. He teaches the kids how to beat box.

"There's a party in my tummy" performance. That chicken leg and grape juice box were getting down!

It was time for the Gabba friends to go back in the boom box.

Ava's shirt

All of their tour stops on back. Houston was one of the last ones.
I was so proud of Ava. She was good during the show and afterwards she was calm and nice. We saw so many kids crying after the show was over. They were sad to leave. Ava just wanted a Happy Meal. :) After Christmas we are going to the Mickey Mouse Magic show. We are in the 7th row, and I know she is going to be thrilled!

No comments: